Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Always somewhere



Often categorized as a Hair or Glam band of the 80s, Scorpions were actually one of the most influential of Metal acts and did rock very hard for many years with several albums under there belt.

The 70s had been a golden period for the band, particularly with ace guitarist, Uli Jon Roth, whose Hendrix inspired soloing and gothic riffing gave much depth to the material.
Albums like "Virgin Killer' and "Taken by Force" are essential parts of any Hard Rock collection. Even after Roth left good albums were still being made including Lovedrive(with UFO'S Michael Schenker guesting on guitar) and the classic Metal of "Animal Magnetism" and "Blackout".

The band has given alot to the genre but is generally known for there period post-1983 and the release of "Love at First Sting" which featured there biggest hit in the form of classic riffster, "Rock You Like a Huricane".

Not surprisingly that opens this greatest hit followed by 70s track, "Loving You Sunday Morning".
That's also the LAST of the 70s tracks, the rest devoted to generally weak ballads and wimpy rockers.
It's nice to see classics like the heavy, "The Zoo", "Blackout", "Still Loving You" and "No One Like You", but after the first half dozen or so tracks, nearly everything else is syrupy, bubblegum rock from a band out of ideas.

The band has made better and HEAVIER music, trust me. So do not take this as just your only link to the band if you wish to learn more about them, instead skip it.

Arrive at seven the place feels good

No time to call you today

Encore till eleven then chinese food

Back to the hotel again

I call your number the line ain't free

I like to tell you come to me

A night without you seems like a lost dream

Love I can't tell you how I feel


Always somewhere
Miss you where I've been
I'll be back to love you again

Always somewhere

Miss you where I've been

I'll be back to love you again


Another morning another place

The only day off is far away

But every city has seen me in the end

And brings me to you again


Always somewhere
Miss you where
I've been
I'll be back to love you again
Always somewhere
Miss you where
I've been
I'll be back to love you again



No comments: